Thread: Z vs Supra
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2021, 08:10 AM   #18 (permalink)
DLSTR
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 21Supra 2.0/22 M240i
DLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *J*ap***V*et* View Post
This guy gets it! Lol. I do love the new Supra but that BMW factor has me worried. Those cars are junk anymore. What will the new Supra be in 3 or 4 years of ownership? The thing with the Z is most (not all) have had little reliability issues with the 370 and we have owned them for years.
Junk? LOL. How do you know as a fact BMW is junk? My Z as reliable as it was needed an oil cooler to do what it was capable of doing and needed all new front brakes in less than 40,000kms.

Nissan utterly lied about it oil cooling capability with well placed and hidden coolers for test drives by the press. Lets not make idiotic accusations without facts.

Most folks Ive met who complain dont bother reading the owners manual and at times are unable to understand use effectively the machines they buy.

Even with Sport Brakes my Z was not as capable as my M235i which was a first year production 235 and was utterly bullet proof. One set of rotors replaced due wear and not the insane warping the Z's had. Filters, oil and tires. The Z was actually not cheaper to own. My M2 - superb, ZERO issues.
My 440i superb. None of my BMW's burned oil and in fact used 1 liter or less between 15000km changes lol.

Ok Im lucky. Or is it that the cars are well made. In car ownership its a bit of both. The CSC manual gearbox issue with the Z was well known. All cars have issues. Many are mechanical some are owners who bought the wrong car and or dont know how it works lol.

I tell all people my Z was a good car. Not perfect. No car is.

Toyota picked BMW inline 6 as a good engine for the Supra. Do some research on it. Strong, reliable and easily tuned for big power. The gearbox is a race proven unit and is the BEST AT on the market. All my cars have it. My M2 has the DCT. I dont miss manuals at all. Had plenty of them. If you at all serious about putting power to use, manuals are least preferred option.

I think new the new Corvette is the best sportscar per unit of cost on the market. No manual. Cant build enough can they .......................
DLSTR is offline   Reply With Quote