View Single Post
Old 08-21-2021, 05:20 PM   #56 (permalink)
sirnixalot
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
sirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond repute

Well some time has passed and I have some updates for ya

What a lovely looking assembly

Motor and transmission installed.

OEM fitment for everything pretty much

New fuel pump assembly with an AEM 340lph pump going in

The crowning jewel. My modded 2008 VK45DE intake manifold with a self ported OEM LS3 throttle body. I made the fuel rails from FAST brand blank stock and they have Radium Engineering FPD adapters to reuse the stock ones.

The flash is playing tricks with the surface finish but it's all 240 grit from a sanding drum. Stock the LS throttle body has some weird transitions at the top and bottom of the opening, I smoothed those out and tapered the opening with 50/80/120 and finally 320 grit

Since the OEM vacuum actuator was damaged when it was shipped to me I made a bypass actuator from a GT500 fit. Vacuum keeps the butterflies shut, an RPM/WOT switch triggers the MAC 3 port and opens the butterflies for that short runner goodness. You can see the Radium FPD adapters, kept the ugly looking OEM dampers at the rear of the bay.

The latest hurdles are drivers side header clearance, the Frontier has an extra transmission crossmember mounting point that the Titan doesn't have so the sawzall is coming out!

I swear if this thing doesn't make 400whp 430wtq on pump I'll be pissed