View Single Post
Old 08-21-2021, 03:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomZ View Post
according to your OP, sounds normal. How hot did the coolant get before you shut engine off?

The 50/50 solution should boil around 240-250F. Did you notice if it reached that high? (obviously you may get a boil over) Temp drop after fans ran for a while?

As for your oil temp., it will continue to rise if you are just idling with no airflow. Oil cooler or not.

So 80F outside, you drove on highway till oil temps around 200 and then idled for xx minutes? What did you think will/should happen?

First time it happened coolant temps reached over 240, temp gauge on the dash was just at the dot before red... haven't let it reach that high again at the risk of damaging the engine..... the Z never exhibited this behavior before i had a dealer swap out the engine coolant for the first time in my ownership of the car, more than likely just a coincidence. I've tried flushing and burping the system multiple times since then and even had it vacuum filled but no luck there, kept on getting told possible head gasket issue from different members on the forum which is why i had a leak down and compression test done on the engine which came back with a clean test. Car cools itself off fine even when idling so long as I'm not using the AC, hasn't been a high priority for me since i have another car that the AC works fine on that i can use on hot days so this has been put on the back burner for quite a while
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote