Thread: Z vs Supra
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2021, 03:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
DLSTR
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 21Supra 2.0/22 M240i
DLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecioVato View Post
did you test drive the 3.0 and if so - how did it compare to the 2.0? I heard the 2.0 gives a more 'balanced' feel in the curves but obviously the 3.0 is faster.
The 3.0 was on the radar always but reports of some instability with the rear end in 20 etc and having enough cars with power the 2.0 was very intriguing for a 'daily'.

The initial reports on its balance, as you say were good. Power is good, true front mid engine with the engine placement and the lost weight were nice. Excellent reports about ride comfort, and I think ok, perfect daily. Power, very nice style etc.

My mechanic at BMW is an expert on development and and has stated the 2.0 is really strong and well developed. Early issues cured motor is solid now. He does prototype testing/mechanics for BMW . He loves the Supra, the synch of Toyota tuning and BMW hardware etc. He also likes the package the 2.0 offers.

We were bold and purchase with no test as well lol

Last edited by DLSTR; 08-22-2021 at 06:04 AM.
DLSTR is offline   Reply With Quote