View Single Post
Old 08-19-2021, 12:00 PM   #6447 (permalink)
takemorepills
Base Member

Drives: Q60 3.7 AWD
takemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond reputetakemorepills has a reputation beyond repute

Let's put the price of the new Z into perspective.

Everyone saying it is overpriced, consider how much a 370Z was....

Then go out and add turbochargers to it. Tell me how much that costs.
Some turbo kits ridiculously mount their turbo and filter UNDER the car
All turbo kits require futzing with the fuel delivery system.
May as well upgrade your clutch, it's gonna need it.
If you have a 7AT, well get ready to double your costs.
A boosted VQ has no inherit advantage over the VR30, in fact, plenty of people have killed many VQ motors just with improper tuning.
So, what's all that cost for a MT car? At least $12K if you can do most of the work yourself? $20K minimum for a completed car out of a shop?
And annoying check engine lights, aftermarket parts that break constantly, you are at the mercy of non-OEM workmanship, many of these turbo kits run iffy turbos......
What a headache.
So, a "Sport" Z may cost $10K more than a base 2021 370Z?
To be fair, although there's not a NISMO Z for 2023, I think it is fair to say the 2023 Z Performance will obviously beat the 2021 3710Z Nismo in a drag race and probably be very close on a track, if not slightly superior due to all of the available power, for $5K more than the 370Z NISMO.

Add in that if you prefer automatic and still want boost, you're better off getting the 2023 Z or Q60 RS with the appropriately beefed up automatic. The VQ 7AT just can't handle the power.

I seriously considered boosting my 2014 Infiniti Coupe, but after seeing all of the headaches associated with all of the countless things that need to happen to even hope to have a sorted car, I just decided it is much better to buy the 2023 Z.
takemorepills is offline   Reply With Quote