View Single Post
Old 08-19-2021, 11:21 AM   #6445 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeder View Post
My assumption is that the EPS is what enabled them to do the telescoping wheel but, hopefully, it'll be swappable. I bought my car with 76k on the clock and I'm about to hit 80k but everything still feels tight as a drum and I'll be replacing bits with upgraded parts as they fail, or as I have the money/desire.
There are several older cars that have tilt/tele columns that don't have electronic power steering. My 2005 Malibu had EPS and it was a pain in the backside. It would intermittently quit working while I was driving and the only way to reset it was to stop the car, turn off the engine & restart. Then when it came time for alignment, part of the setup is to sweep the steering wheel left to right to center the wheels. Doing that would set a check engine light and the idiots aligning the car wanted to charge me extra $$ to 'diagnose' the light.