View Single Post
Old 08-18-2021, 06:18 PM   #6427 (permalink)
1/4atatime
Base Member

Drives: Silver 2018 370z
1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
I agree 110%. But it's not a surprise. Huge down side for me.

There are a bunch of upgrades everyone is talking about, but electronic variable steering (a MONSTER down grade for a sports car IMO) is being swept under the rug. This change is at least an equal negative to gaining 70hp, for me, IMO. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the new Z outperforms in terms of numbers, but the old 370Z outperforms in terms of driver satisfaction and fun to drive. Just like when BMW and Porsche made the switch. No more true "drivers cars."

Such a bummer.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
I agree I'm pretty upset after seeing that. Unless they did some magic the car is ruined with that. I test drove the Q60 and I actually thought the car was dangerous because if the electric steering I couldn't tell how much input I was giving the car. I'd probably kill myself driving it on the highway much less a track with that kinda steering. Everyone who hasn't should find a Q60/Q50 to test drive it with and you'll understand. I'm really bummed with Nissan they gave us a turbo with a manual but couldn't keep the 370z steering I don't understand.

Did any of my post help you or just feeling nice?Give Rep|Add me to your friends list|View My Build "The real you is who you are when ain't nobody watchin" - NF
1/4atatime is offline   Reply With Quote