View Single Post
Old 08-18-2021, 11:38 AM   #461 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSTR View Post
They seem so unfocused in the past years. Make no friends and crap on Renault. They lack any tact or grace. Im happy we have competition but RedBull management are toxic. Max is just as bad being raised by a tool such as Jos. If he wins thats nice.

I think he will have very difficult times to match anyone like MS or LH. He lacks an appeal and any character. Rather boring to be honest he is to me. He is predictable on the track, weaves, uses the full limit but lacks a creative flow overall. He literally will risk the entire car and team's effort in one circumstance vs the larger picture. His lack of tact and the inability to UN-FOCUS on the now hurts him in my book.

His father's influence over him and the team is obvious. Enabled easily by Horner and the idiot Marko. Their efforts after UK GP were world class idiocy. As if no other had ever hit them ever lol. Ricci left for good reason. He has been very public about that BS there after his Baku mess Max caused. The team failed to move Max over and Ricci warned them it would end badly. Yea Max is just amazing.

Frankly - over rated in certain categories - like big picture thinking, maximizing results in the face of issues and maybe talking less and driving more.
Although I agree with the idea, and especially the colossal incompetence at Red Bull, keep in mind that Max is barely out of diapers really. What is he, 23? You and I were still making bad choices about what courses to take at university at that age. He's responsible for million dollar decisions at 300km/hr, and the face of a huge organization. I think that he has matured tremendously over the past three seasons both as a driver and as an adult. For sure, he is still being manipulated (and probably prevented from seeing "the big picture". I cannot really fault him much for the things he has said. Horner, is another story. And Marko, well, he's off on some other planet altogether.
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote