View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 10:01 AM   #779 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Off the heels of a month hiatus of my car, I'm back at it now. I had to buckled down and study for a GIAC GCFE test:
https://www.credly.com/badges/c43dd6...5-f76b17941d7f

Which now brings me to my two week half days at work so that I can work on my car. 1st up. Fix the Lokar dipstick. I wasn't satisfied with the angle and how it was nearly on the manifold. Moving the dipstick into the first hole allowed for equal spacing and didn't cross over a plug.

FINALLY I got around to dropping the tank. All in one day? Yup. I did have some help so that sped everything up massively. After the tank was on the ground, I shook the hell out of the tank and turned the clear fuel to milkshake (that smelled like a bad bar).

A new low volume fuel pump was used to pump the ethanol into a 5 gal bucket about three times. After the fuel was out we wiped it out with a rag and brake cleaner.

Today... Fuel pump goes in, fuel lines, fuel filter and tank back in... I hope.

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote