View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 09:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute
Default BANG when powershifting

anyone else experience a bang/thud from the engine bay when powershifting the 1-2 or 2-3?

sounds as if the engine were hitting the chassis somewhere, but i have looked around and found no evidence of that yet. im gonna take a better look at the engine mounts and see if they are possibly bottoming out.

just figured i would check in to see if anyone else had this or fixed this, and could save me time by telling me where its coming from.

car is almost brand new, 3000 miles... and otherwise perfect. only tried the powershifting a few times since it does that since the first time i tried it.

my 350z sure doesnt care even after years of powershifting daily (well, the days it actually gets driven)!

hmmm... possibly factory dual mass flywheel bottoming out its travel?... might have to go solid flywheel.

Last edited by phunk; 02-13-2010 at 09:44 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote