View Single Post
Old 08-13-2021, 06:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abm89 View Post
Hey guys. Feel free to move this thread if it's in the wrong spot. I am planning to get the Ethanol Content reader package from Specialty Z (eventually). I was wondering if splitting the 5V signal to go to the ECU and directly into my custom dash inputs is a bad idea. I don't think there would be enough voltage drop to matter, but my electrical engineering skills are rusty. Below is a shitty text diagram of what I want to do:

Haltech analog 5V input
^
5V signal -->ECU

^^ that looks stupid.
Ok lemme see if I understand what your trying to do correctly. Your trying to use the output from the zeitronix module into the Haltech to give you a read out of ethanol content on your display as well as tapping into the ecu’s old tank pressure sensor wire into the ecu for new ethanol content input?

If so I think you should be ok as your splitting it into a parallel circuit so the voltage should not change and both modules should receive the same voltage signal.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote