View Single Post
Old 08-12-2021, 10:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
The cooling when you pop the hood leads me to believe that you have a problem with air flow across the radiator. Confirm that the oil cooler or other items are not blocking flow through the radiator. Check condition of fan blades and that they fit in the housing properly (efficiency is reduced if the fan is too far forward or back in the housing). Check fan motors for proper speed. Make sure air is able to exhaust through the transmission tunnel.

The 370Z runs hot - the cooling system is marginal from the factory. You may need a bigger radiator and/or fans.

Apologies for reviving this from the dead, haven't really messed too much with the Z since this and she runs great....been through a few more diagnoses procedures to check and make sure everything was ok engine wise, leak down and compression tests done along with pressure testing the cooling system and everything checked out as in good order. Overheating issue still persists though and it's really strange cause it's only in a very specific situation that it does this and I'm thinking it does have to do with the cooling fans, only thing I'm unsure of is how to go about testing the fan speed as you suggested. I'm wondering at this point though if it would just be better to get new fans and hopefully just be done with it though.
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote