View Single Post
Old 08-11-2021, 11:44 AM   #24 (permalink)
RanRich
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 PG Sport M6
RanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex000 View Post
Very good. i ordered this yesterday. looking for a little more sound out of the factory Nismo exhaust. i believe the factory sound isnt bad but always thought it would better if it were a tad louder.

have a clip of the exhaust by chance?
I will when I pick the car up from the shop later today!

A couple updates/notes:
  • I called Z1 about the clearance issues and this can happen if the pipe is installed upside down, checked under the car and sure enough it was contacting the underbody on the passenger side slip joint area (thanks to my local shop for that one)
  • While its back at the shop to be adjusted for clearance I'm having them weld the slip joints - If you want to go cheaper, I'd recommend JB welding this area because the RTV just doesn't form a solid seal here

Fingers crossed that this adventure comes to a close after today. Its so damn hard to get these engines to sound good.