View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 10:41 PM   #181 (permalink)
cv129
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo, 16 Nismo
cv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nis350 View Post
so both the shine and stickiness were gone? I found this hard to believe.
I think it depends on how far the deterioration has progressed.

In my case, fully infected: The hotter it gets, the wetter and stickier it becomes. The shiny goes away when cooled enough, but it never reverts back to the smooth-to-the-touch finish. Inside the garage , even in winter, the dash has a lighter gray color to it, easily mistaken as a layer of dust, until one tries to wipe it. Hot days with AC running, some parts of the dash may still be shinier than other parts, but should be much more tolerable, not as shiny, less reflection on the windshield. That’s my experience anyway.