View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 12:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
filip00
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370z pack
filip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond repute

A little update about the unicorn.

At about 16.500km I had my clutch pedal fail. Sure enough, it was the clutch cylinder....a master cylinder. They exchanged it and in literally three days I've had my clutch fail again. Took it back, they tested everything and said that believe it or not, the slave clutch cylinder has failed this time. Exchanged it as well, and clutch feels good.

Now, since both failures happened just 10 days before our planned roadtrip, I've decided to go with Nissan provided cylinders. The dealer assured me that they are not the faulty parts that have been used from factory, as these have different catalogue numbers and have been upgraded. I hope they're right.

Also, I'm typing this as I'm just back from the first half of the vacation. We did 1600km (1000 miles) in a week and the car has behaved very very well. No problem with the clutch either, all good.

In order to make sure that my Z serves me well and doesn't leave me stranded somewhere, I've decided to change all problematic issues ahead of time, so that there's only enjoyment with it.

Checklist so far:
1. Clutch slave cylinder - changed
2. Clutch master cylinder - changed
3. Steering wheel lock failure - fuse pulled out! I have a DisklokTM anyway

TBD:
4. Fuel pump upgrade
5. Oil cooler upgrade
6. Galley gaskets upgrade
7. Brake fluid change

Did I miss anything else which should be on the list? Please fill me in.

Some new pics:

filip00 is offline   Reply With Quote