View Single Post
Old 08-07-2021, 05:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Evildky
Base Member

Drives: 13 Nismo STU/T3
Evildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCARTIER View Post
Thanks everyone. I didn't pull the trigger on that motor. A mechanic I know didn't have good things to say about the company. I found JDM Engine in Charlotte which found the engine at JDM in Tenn for $2,200 w/50-55k mile but it's from Japan. Anyone have any insight on if JDM engines from Japan are a good look? Any experience with this company?
Unless it comes with a cluster it’s miles unknown, condition unknown. I’ve been down this path, a motor on a pallet is an unknown regardless of what a seller tells you. I had one “low miles JDM engine” turned out had oversized bearings in it. Had another with a cracked valve seat and scored bearings. Unless you blew a hole in your block you might be better off rebuilding what you have. Also with the age and availability of these engines I’d take a US market car that you can see “was running when it hit” over an engine with an unverifiable history.

Last edited by Evildky; 08-09-2021 at 03:20 PM. Reason: typo
Evildky is offline   Reply With Quote