View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 06:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
SonicVQ
Base Member

Drives: G37 Sport
SonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherg View Post
Any mfg. has an obligation to support a model at least for a few years after last production. That is standard practice in the industry. The convention is 10 years. I own 3 Nissans and will buy more but they sometimes make bad moves like any other company.

It is irrelevant that built in NAV is dead or not. The 2020/21 Z was sold with an optional built in NAV and the unit can never have any updates????? Makes no sense.

Nice way to treat customers. My Z is 11 years old so I don't really care but the Z customers who have more recent model years are thrown under the bus on this.
You may be right on physical parts, but software is different and there is no requirement to provide map updates.
I suspect no one will notice because the apps do such a better job.
SonicVQ is offline   Reply With Quote