View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 03:56 PM   #425 (permalink)
abm89
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 370Z | 24 EL450
abm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
Not even close to having to perform against the 7 X WC. He really had nothing to lose, just don't tear up the car and place in the points. Ask Bottas and Nico about the pressure they face. Hell Nico called it quits after he got his Championship!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I would argue Lewis being George's teammate is irrelevant to pressure if he is starting the season with the team. You can't think "oh man going against one of the GOATs" That's how you end up like Bottas. Lewis is just another driver George has to beat at the end of the day. If anything, that stand-in in Bahrain was his biggest test yet. A live audtion for the seat in a world championship round. If he failed to deliver in any way, he would likely not be up for discussion when it comes to the 2022 seat. Bottas would likely keep it, or they would look at poaching Lando, IMO.

Nico vs Lewis was personal. It's my opinion to never draw any conclusions from that battle because personal beef is something no one outside of the team has insight into. Objectively, Nico is possibly the best teammate Lewis ever had based on pure pace and competitiveness. Nico was never lapped by his teammate with a fully functional car (ahem, looking at you Bottas). I think he will go down as the most underrated WDC ever.