View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 08:10 AM   #1756 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
The new fridge and dryer were delivered yesterday. Went to put the dryer together and there is no power cord. Guys that sold me the dryer didn't try to sell me a cord. Never even mentioned that I would need a cord. I took the cord off the old dryer, so it's not a big problem. Just somewhat amazed that they missed a good chance to try to sell me one.
Gad, that's an easy upsell. The cord is like 75% margin for the store. When I worked at Best Buy, selling a cord with a dryer & stove was easy, along with the service plan.

Me: "You'll need a new cord for that dryer. The cord acts like a safety device, as they get older, they don't work as well (all pure BS)."

Customer: "Okay."