View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 12:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Evildky
Base Member

Drives: 13 Nismo STU/T3
Evildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond reputeEvildky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fuel pump update

Anyone know the difference between the 09-2015 and the 2015-2020 pump design?

They are different part numbers, what little I can see from images online they appear to be identical. As far as I can tell the aftermarket pump solutions work on all years so I'm assuming that the wiring connection and the hose connection are the same and perhaps it has an improved internal design. Anyone done an A/B comparison?

Why am I asking? I've been fighting the fuel starvation so many others have. I experienced starvation on track at 3/4 tank. I opened up the venturi orifice and added a couple of lower holes in the fuel cup and was able to run to maybe 5/8 tank. This weekend my fuel gauge went bonkers, decided to go ahead and order the anti starvation kit. Opened the gas tank last night to find my pump had broken off the hat and the sender arm had come off. So now I need at the very least a hat.

What am I really after? A plug and play solution wiht the least dollars spent. Considering the cost of the hat plus the anti starvation kit might as well get the CJ twin pump but I don't want to rework the whole damned system. Is there a configuration that improves the siphon without having the convert to a return style system? Did the 2015 updated pump fix any of the starvation problems? To be clear, I REALLY REALLY DO NOT want to have to convert to a return system.
Evildky is offline   Reply With Quote