View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 08:40 PM   #5491 (permalink)
rspray2000
Base Member

Drives: 2013 T/S Roadster AT
rspray2000 has a reputation beyond reputerspray2000 has a reputation beyond reputerspray2000 has a reputation beyond reputerspray2000 has a reputation beyond reputerspray2000 has a reputation beyond reputerspray2000 has a reputation beyond reputerspray2000 has a reputation beyond reputerspray2000 has a reputation beyond reputerspray2000 has a reputation beyond reputerspray2000 has a reputation beyond reputerspray2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Leave it in the sun on a hot summer day. Texas sun makes it easy almost any day, but in Massachusetts you might have to wait for the right day. If you use a heat gun just make sure you use it on low heat and be extremely careful not to overheat the paint and clear coat.

That 3M Eraser Wheel is extremely dangerous around paint in the hands of the inexperienced. Better to use a heat gun on low first. I wouldn't use the eraser wheel except as a last resort and keep the RPMs low and slow.
You have any experience with removing baked-on, cracked Roadster top liners? Most posts I’ve seen say the same: mild heat and scraping. I tried but it was very messy and slow. I have the adhesive wheel on order. FYI I am tentatively planning to wrap it next year, so may have them take care of it.
rspray2000 is offline   Reply With Quote