View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 01:46 AM   #38 (permalink)
oldskoolchuk
Base Member

Drives: Boosted '13 Nismo
oldskoolchuk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post

Sounds like you’re doing well for yourself, that’s great. Best advise I can give then is spend a lot of time researching, making calls to shops, getting quotes for various parts, labor if you need help on something, and write it all down. Hen before you start, post that plan here so the guys who’ve already gone down this road can help fill in any blanks, get a ballpark $$ figure, and then let snowball start rolling down the hill. You’re gonna be building your car for about 2 years or so my best guess and that’s assuming a relatively smooth build.
Yeah, this is a very significant undertaking, and I'm taking a good hard look at what it's all going to entail. My assumption is probably 30k and a lot of nights swearing in my garage. Even after it's all finished, drivetrain-wise there's the big investment in a widebody kit and suspension work I'll need to accomodate wider tires than the 305's I'm running now. But the motor is the biggest bite to chew... the rest will be smaller bites in comparison. As I see it if I run 800-900whp on a motor capable of 1000+ I should be in a good position to have her be dependable. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that.
oldskoolchuk is offline   Reply With Quote