View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 01:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
DrBacon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 Nismo
DrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandad_1 View Post
It reads a constant 12v no dips or anything. And I also agree that it would make most sense because I replaced the maf sensors to address the p010c code but after erasing it and restarting the car the came back up. But then again wouldn’t I be getting a different code if it was a bad alternator or belt?
If it's reading 12volts while running I'd guess your alternator is probably bad (which would explain the heavy steering if the alternator pulley is locking up putting drag on the engine/belt), it should be closer to 14volts. I would ignore all codes until the voltage is corrected, electronics can be sensitive to that and cause false codes.

Last edited by DrBacon; 08-03-2021 at 01:19 AM.
DrBacon is offline   Reply With Quote