View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 12:45 AM   #37 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskoolchuk View Post
I'm 43, have about 100k of equity, 23 years into the machining trade and making good money; no wife or kids to provide for, no debts, and a solid daily driver. Super appreciate what you're laying down here, but machines are my career and hobby. Yes, I know I'm going to piss money, and I'm ok with that... I don't go to drag strips though. Please also know that I'm not into the whole dying in a fiery wreck thing, so I'll be very respectful of the machine I'm trying to build... respecting powerful and dangerous machines has lead me to the success I have in this trade. Again, thank you for the wisdom.

Sounds like you’re doing well for yourself, that’s great. Best advise I can give then is spend a lot of time researching, making calls to shops, getting quotes for various parts, labor if you need help on something, and write it all down. Hen before you start, post that plan here so the guys who’ve already gone down this road can help fill in any blanks, get a ballpark $$ figure, and then let snowball start rolling down the hill. You’re gonna be building your car for about 2 years or so my best guess and that’s assuming a relatively smooth build.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote