View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 12:37 AM   #36 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskoolchuk View Post
I feel you about easing into the power. I don't do dragstrips, but we don't need to go further into that convo... 40 or 50 rolls are better for axels anyway... at least until I hit big power I'm going to leave them for now. Roll cage and such are something I'll look into after I need the frame rigidity, and again, we're just in the planning stages... but I do understand that problem solving and chasing down issues is part of the game. Just so you know, I'm a 20+ year machinist with a fairly good grasp of the complexity and expenses we're discussing here, and I'm not taking any of this flippant. This money I'm going to spend is earned the old fashioned way, not inherited or anything, so I'm looking towards the solid group of people here to guide me. In the end I hope to have a machine that's solid, and an experience that was a challenge and a blast to do. A guy with no kids or wife needs something to keep him occupied... why not set a lofty goal to work hard for. Lastly, if I'm going to build, I'm going to try to do it as prudently as I can, and doing it in small steps only to go bigger later and throw more money at it at that time to upgrade what I just installed 2 seasons ago isn't a route I wish to follow.
That roll cage isn’t just for chassis rigidity, it’ll help there obviously, but it’s to keep you alive in the event of god forbid, the worst case scenario. If you’re roll racing in Mexico hypothetically, thats just as important as for the drag strip.

Congrats on 20+ years as a machinist, that’s awesome, we need more folks like that here.

Ok, I get wanting a fun hobby and not being tied down, just watch your spend cause builds like this tend to spiral outta control, all of use here have seen this movie many times over many years on this and other forums and in real life and some of us have even gone down this road. Bring a trailer is littered with 1/2 finished and 3/4 finished builds that the seller got too deep down the rabbit hole and then cut bait at a massive financial hit. Just wanted to try to help you not end up as that guy.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote