View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 12:37 AM   #35 (permalink)
oldskoolchuk
Base Member

Drives: Boosted '13 Nismo
oldskoolchuk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
I’m going to go out on a limb that you’re a young guy, correct? Pls, pls if you hear nothing else, hear this, NEVER cash out equity, (home or investments, or retirement savings), to “invest” into a depreciating asset that will actually loose value the more $$ and mods you dump into it.

It’s no accident that the vast majority of us folks on here with heavily modded z’s or higher end fast cars and toys are middle aged or older. We took care of the student loans, the house, the cars etc and now have a bit of bit of disposable income to play.

I know that’s probably the last thing you want to hear but unless you’re a trust fund baby, (nothing wrong with that btw’), then you need to live in the real world.

Next topic, why a z?

If your goal is drag racing superstar, your way way better off looking at a different platform.

If it’s bc you love the z, and appreciate the heritage etc, I get that but just know this is the wrong tool for the task you’ve set out to conquer.

Unless your sponsored and getting paid, making a living to race then at the end of the day beating other people is just for your ego, and maybe a quick lay with a girl you definitely don’t wanna bring home to momma.

It’s easy to lose sigh5 of what really matters in life especially when you’re reading this forum and seeing all the IG hero builds etc, but you need to create a list of life goals and milestones you want to achieve both personally and professionally and I’m here to tell you, you’re 1/4 mile time and beating those stangs and camaros shouldn’t make the cut, that’s just entertainment and hobby. Making $$, becoming financially independent, owning your own house etc, that’s what makes a successful life and the playtime stuff will come naturally.

Alright, I know I sound like a old fuddyduddy killjoy but I’m not wrong.
I'm 43, have about 100k of equity, 23 years into the machining trade and making good money; no wife or kids to provide for, no debts, and a solid daily driver. Super appreciate what you're laying down here, but machines are my career and hobby. Yes, I know I'm going to piss money, and I'm ok with that... I don't go to drag strips though. Please also know that I'm not into the whole dying in a fiery wreck thing, so I'll be very respectful of the machine I'm trying to build... respecting powerful and dangerous machines has lead me to the success I have in this trade. Again, thank you for the wisdom.
oldskoolchuk is offline   Reply With Quote