View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 07:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
brandad_1
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nissan 370z
brandad_1 is on a distinguished road
Default Battery slowly died and 3 codes came up

So yesterday I went for a drive in the mountains and I turned my car off when I was gonna take a rest. I turned on the car after 2 hours because I noticed my headlights flickering. When I turned it on there was no struggle but there check engine light and the car was idling a little above 1k rpms. I also found the steering wheel super hard to move in first gear but it got easier as I picked up gears. I drove down and noticed my car was limping because I couldn’t pass 2.5k rpms or the engine would stutter. When I reached the bottom of the mountain I put the car in neutral and I noticed the voltage dropping till the car died. The battery was completely dead and I had to get a replacement the next day. When I went to read the codes, there were 3 of them: p010c, p0444, and p0447. The car now either doesn’t turn on or turns on and idles at 1k rpms. I would like to add I did install aftermarket intakes (stillen gen 3’s, I do know the car runs lean but I was literally scheduled for a tune in the 5th and read it’s fine to drive on them just jot long term) the week prior but the car was running fine until then. So idk if the car battery dying fried some circuits and threw the codes up or if it’s the intake. I’m about to swap the intakes back to the stock ones to see if that fixes it but can I get some insight on what happened and if the combination of codes means something. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by brandad_1; 08-02-2021 at 07:13 PM.
brandad_1 is offline   Reply With Quote