View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 01:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Elmo370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 nissan 370z Sp M6
Elmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by isayimandrew View Post
I see. Jotech's solution is to use upgraded head bolts (1mm larger), the ARP main stud kit, and machine heads and block to accept the larger studs. There might be more that I could have missed from when I spoke to them about it. Definitely not trying to get greedy on power. 600 to 650 WHP is something I'd be extremely happy with. I'm not planning on going past that number anyways since for me anything over that is excessive (even though 600 to 650 is technically excessive for street lol).
Upgrading to a larger head stud isn’t ideal, there isn’t much meat to justify it. You want better clamping load unfortunately some form of on rings or step decking and fire rings needs to happen. Closed deck will not add benefits to sealing the heads. Like spooler said you get greedy and you will be building another motor, ask him how he knows
Elmo370z is offline   Reply With Quote