Thread: Fyi
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 11:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
THE BULL
Base Member

Drives: G37S
THE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond reputeTHE BULL has a reputation beyond repute

These types of sensor do suck especially since a smaller 3 pin sensor with the right gauge works just fine.

The issue is the BSP thread requires an adapter which puts even more strain on the hole.

I knew this prior to installing my gauge and since I did not want to use an adapter nor needed the OEM sensor now that I had a full sweeping gauge I took the cringy approach to rethread from BSP to NPT.

Standard tapping and rethreading with grease to help pick up the shavings, lastly I disconnected the ignition and cranked it a couple of times so that oil pressure would clean the rest of the threads.

Worked wonderfully, no issues.
THE BULL is offline   Reply With Quote