Thread: Fyi
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 10:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Tedmeister
Base Member

Drives: 12 M6
Tedmeister has a reputation beyond reputeTedmeister has a reputation beyond reputeTedmeister has a reputation beyond reputeTedmeister has a reputation beyond reputeTedmeister has a reputation beyond reputeTedmeister has a reputation beyond reputeTedmeister has a reputation beyond reputeTedmeister has a reputation beyond reputeTedmeister has a reputation beyond reputeTedmeister has a reputation beyond reputeTedmeister has a reputation beyond repute

so the part from driftmotion was npt threaded in all three locations, found a stainless steel one on Amazon that is threaded correctly. I still had leak
where it connects to the block, using pipe thread sealer, since I did not want to
over tighten. tried again with teflon tape but in order to get the outlet location
for the after market sensor in the right place I ended up stripping the threads
in the block. If I use fix a thread and some of the shavings from threading for the sleeve and then punching the small metal piece at the end of the sleeve,
will that metal end up in the pan and/or filter, or is the location of the pressure sensor on the other side of the filter and thus all that metal will end up damaging the motor?
Tedmeister is offline   Reply With Quote