Thread: Fast or Quick
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2021, 04:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
NecioVato
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2017 Black Nismo Z
NecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrettin View Post
I've never really felt that the 370z was "fast" to me. I love the car because of the looks and it was capable through corners though. Some of the most fun i've had in a car was when I borrowed my buddy's Lotus and went through Smoky Mountains. The car was meh in a straight line but would pretty much murder anything on the twisties.

Being that there's not a lot of twisties in MI and I'm not willing to commit to track days with my car, I've decided to make it fast with turbos and a v8. ... not like doing that is any better than track days. I'm delusional that it will be reliable when im done too.

I'm just gonna stop while I'm ahead.
I was thinking of going the route of turbo'ing the car in the future - but with the new Z coming out - it is making me reconsider it. But...with the cost of new vehicles in general and the possible markups that will appear when the Z comes out makes me think - just enjoy the FBO Z and wait several years to see how the used market is for the new Z. I live in TX - there is a lot of hwy cruising and not a lot of twisties and I don't look to track my vehicles (maybe that is something I should consider).
NecioVato is offline   Reply With Quote