View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 07:22 PM   #329 (permalink)
danegrey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 12 370Z BK Cherry M6
danegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
So first off even though you are running a decent tire it is so so for the track especially since you are getting faster. A couple of questions for you first...are you running 19 or 18 inch wheels and what are their dimensions? Are you running staggered or square?

The tire you are running has very soft side walls so it can impact cornering. So get a more track oriented tire will benefit you at this point. Tire pressures determine performance and lap times greatly. You want to be lapping at the tires optimum temperature and for most street oriented tires that is going to be around 36 psi give or take a couple of psi. Our cars are fairly heavy and you can see as much as 10 psi gain depending on the track temperature and how hard you work your tires. You should check your tire pressures at the beginning of each session and take notes. The first session tire pressures is the most critical because every change is based on that. Did you take the tire pressures after each session and what were they? If they were above 40 psi they are very high. You stated that your tires were getting squirrely after a few laps and that is probably why. Often you hear drivers state their tires were greasey when they are over heated.

Lastly you like the feedback from the Garmin when it says nice job but are nervous when she tells you to push harder...well you need to push harder LOL. You got to grow a pair if you want to go fast and you are at that place where you got to trust you tires as there is more grip there than you realize. Get a instructor to ride with you and I mean someone that is a successful racer or time attacker. They will inspire you to push beyond your comfort zone. I can hear my favorite instructor in my head when I need to push beyond my comfort zone..."don't you lift, don't you fcking lift!"

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the advice, currently running the stock 19s setup. Looking at 18 square for next year..

Yes when she (garmin) tells me to push harder into a different comfort zone for me.

Trust the tires, yea, that says it all...

The instructor/coach part, did inquire into one for the next track event, not sure what will happen.

Do appreciate all of this, working on it....

Thanks again....