View Single Post
Old 07-15-2021, 07:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Tractionless
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 K23 ST 7AT
Tractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tRidiot View Post
My understanding is pads are easy to change on the Akebonos. Pads aren't expensive. I want slotted and drilled. So maybe there's a little more wear - ok.

It ain't like they're gonna be worn out and shot in 3-6 months...
Ease of swapping depends on whether you change them correctly or just dump new pads in. Also consider every time you change pads you'll have to wait for them to re-bed to your worn in rotors which equals less stopping power. Additionally, slotted rotors make the pads dust more.

On a pure street car like both of our are I prefer to drive it and not work on it, clean it etc. and is why I made my original suggestions.