View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 10:20 PM   #21 (permalink)
SeeThruHead
Track Member

Drives: Red '18 Sport Manual
SeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tRidiot View Post
That helps, thanks. I could possibly fix the one side with the 3-printed mount, but the other side the panel actually broke. So I buy one and repair the other, cost ~$150 or so with new clips and such. And have panels still at risk of scratching and possibly breaking if they need removal in the future (hopefully unlikely).

Or spend ~$400 for a more durable carbon fiber pair. Hmmm...

Decisions, decisions.

Thanks for the help.
So i removed my b pillars the other day and broke one of the slotted tabs.

Basically because i was impatient and didn't look hard enough.

What you should be doing is putting a long handle slotted pry tool all the way under the b pillar and popping out the retaining pins (iirc they are white plastic) You're not actually supposed to apply any stress on the b pillar finisher when removing it. Assuming after breaking a single b pillar we both learn our lesson. There shouldn't be any issue with removing the oem b pillar in the future. You might grease the white pins for even easier removal when you reinstall them.

TLDR: the oem b pillar doesnt' need to be sturdy if you remove it properly.