View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 05:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
tRidiot
Base Member

Drives: '09 370Z Sport
tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
Maybe just stop pretending you’re doing anything for performance reasons and just get the rotors you were gonna get all along?

Also, you left out the wheel width

Maybe you missed this statement from my original post?

Quote:
I don't race, don't drive hard and heavy (much), but considered maybe some slotted or drilled & slotted rotors - as much for aesthetics as anything, probably, but it never hurts to have a better brake setup.
Wheel width is 9.5/11, if that helps.

I'm not pretending anything. I asked for some help, I got some options, I said those looked pretty good.

I was clear and upfront that this isn't all about performance, that it's not all about economics, but that appearance does play a role.

Did I do something wrong that annoyed you? Seems some people think appearance shouldn't have a role in the decision, when people spend hundreds or thousands on 1000% appearance-oriented mods on their car on this forum - and no one bats an eyelash at it.

We want performance AND looks from our wheels.

We want performance AND looks from our body mods.

We want performance AND sound improvement from exhaust mods.

There are tradeoffs to all of these things.

Why would I feel guilty because I think drilled and slotted rotors look cool? Answer - I don't.

Why would someone want to attempt to make me feel guilty for spending my hard-earned money in the way I want to? I'm not looking for your or anyone's validation, I asked for some options, a direction to look, since I didn't really know. Now I've been pointed in some directions, which helped me focus my research and I have been given some great options. I thought that what this forum was all about.

But some people feel the need to belittle the choices others make. That's ok, because those people aren't paying my bills, I am. So I get to make the choices.

Last edited by tRidiot; 07-14-2021 at 05:29 PM.
tRidiot is offline   Reply With Quote