View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 11:58 AM   #769 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Started the drain/fill procedure to get rid of the heavy crude from my tank. The tank was drained and then filled with ethanol. Ethanol should break down any of the sludge in the tank. The first fill already looks WAY better than before.

I have new stainless steel high flow filters for my pump. The old filters will not be used.

A buddy of mine offered to help with some thermal protection for the alternator. He made a comment to someone on my FB that sums it up pretty well so I'm just going to copy and paste what he wrote:

We make the exhaust for the current Ford GT. The muffler is completely wrapped in this material.
The material is 0.2mm 321 stainless steel with a small dimple pattern for strength. Under the shield we use Unifrax 3mm thick thermal mat which reduces radiant temps up to 200*C. All the straps are 304SS BandIt straps applied with a pneumatic gun that tightens, locks it and trims the excess. This is a five hour hack job that came out pretty nice. This will work way better than a SS or Ti wrap.

------------------

So yeah, it's not perfect but it will suite my needs nicely.

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote