View Single Post
Old 07-09-2021, 03:46 PM   #3984 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
I am not necessarily in agreement with this. It may be biased opinion on his part. I did some research on it and the hub dyno should provide a more accurate assessment of wheel horse power. Dyno jets and alike numbers are dependent on how the wheels make contact with the rollers. The load can be influenced by how tightly the cars is tied down or how grippy the roller are. I believe Seb did a video on the latter. Also rotational mass can have influence all of the for mentioned are not variables on a hub dyno. I do believe that add adjustment factors in calculating numbers.

My experience on a hub dyno with Miata was done by a tuner I trust respect as Seb. The Miata made 150whp and a week later when I had it dyno on a dyno jet because cars running in NASA competition must be on a certified dyno jet to be within the rules. The Miata made 160 plus!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
You are going to make me go find it aren't you. What better folks to ask advice from than the people that make both types of dynos.
Spooler is online now   Reply With Quote