View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 11:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
DarkJak
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z
DarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, and Stoptech Trophy, even the STR calipers, have aluminum pistons.
And their rotors aren't as effective based on vane design and count.

I decided after some comments on my FB thread to use the AP racing 372x34mm discs.
Finding the bobbins are the toughest part. They really make them hard to find in the US if you aren't buying a full kit from Essex, but I have part numbers I can get from the UK.

Brake force with 9668's is 12% less vs stock calipers with the same rotor diameter. Moving to 372mm rotors makes brings it to a 7.5% reduction, easily compensated for with pad stagger. Or, once my project funds recover, new calipers for the rear.
Stoptech's kits DO keep it at 100% +/- 1% change. 92.5% is still closer to stock than Wilwood's kit, which is at 91.5%.
09 7AT|MCS 2WNR|Topgunz Rotrex|Ecutek (Eugene)|Maxxis RC1|Titan-7 TS-5|OSG LSD|Rear Mount Derale Oil Cooler (WIP)+25 Trans Cooler|Fismo|G-LOC R12/R10|Zeta III L|NLR Wing and Splitter|CJM Pan and Fuel Hat|Radium Surge Tank|AP Racing CP9668
DarkJak is offline   Reply With Quote