View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 08:48 AM   #767 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Glad I made the paper box because the first one was too large. I mean, It would probably work but it just didn't need to be that large for the purpose I needed. So I made a new template. I changed the template to two separate halves and then took it out to the shop. I then remembered that I had bought nice square aluminum stock previously... That is great news! Because it's 90% done with no welds!

Someone on my IG had reached out to me and then informed me that the square stock would be really bad for the pump due to the dead spots in the corners. Looked up the information and sure enough, he was right. There would be a high likely hood of air bubbles being produced as well. Simple solution was to 45 the ends. Now to weld....

But first, the waste gates needed to be broke down because they need to be Cerakoted too. I talked to the Mr. Coating Dude and he said that my parts were due for coating Wednesday, and its the day before Wednesday when I broke them down. What that means is money was saved because all the coating is being done at once and secondly... there's a 3-4 week delay for the coating process because he is really backed up. Actually.... he is backed out WAY more now. Point being... I got lucky getting it in when I did.

Pan on the transmission had to be dropped for the Lokar Transmission Dipstick. It was a pricey item to purchase for essentially a tube. However, upon installation I saw why. The quality of all of it was great! The dipstick comes with a transport plug that locks in it doesnt leak. When the transmission is back in the firewall mounted line can lock back in. First picture shows the transport plug and the second picture shows the line plugged into it.

Build quality for the Waste Gate is top notch. The thing that surprised me was that the valve inside the gate is made out of inconel. The valve is quite heavy due to that BUT it will not melt down. I'll find a video of it.

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote