View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 08:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainrain View Post
We don't have "CRC 06026 Heavy Duty Corrosion Inhibitor" in FRANCE but I found "Rustol Owatrol". Do you know this product? Is it OK for engine parts ?
I've never used or even heard of Rustol. Did a web search and most of the pages were in French, which I cannot understand.
I've used a lot of different CRC products through the years and have always been very satisfied with their performance. If you can find CRC products in your area, it will be worth the effort. Another company that makes good rust-control coatings is Rustoleum.

Quote:
On the picture, on the surrounded part 1, Can I clean this and apply an anti rust on this ? this part is very rusty
I'm not sure what that part is. If it's solid bars, then it will be OK to sand, buff, blast, etc. If it is tubing, you run the risk of poking a hole in it when you clean it.

Quote:
What about the drive belt or pulley ? Do I need to change ?
Rust can be rather abrasive and may have caused some excess wear of the belt - a good inspection will tell you if you need to replace. It doesn't look like it needs to be replaced in the pictures.
The pulleys just need a good cleaning/coating. Do not paint where the belt rides - the belt will abrade any rust in that area.