View Single Post
Old 07-02-2021, 04:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
krazynismo
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Nismo, PW, 6M
krazynismo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Couple of questions.

Who is doing the tuning?

Did you change the rest of the exhaust system, or just the headers, and high flow cats?

Do you have an oil cooler? High oil temps will pull timing. It starts around 240F.

What was the temp and humidity that day?

The Nismo oem exhaust isn't much better than the base exhaust. Only a little louder. The Nismo R Tune isn't much better either.

The DC headers are shorty headers. So don't expect much torque with them. LTH's are the way to go. Either FI or PPE. Followed by the Z1 shorty headers. You're the first person on here to run the DC headers.
the tuning is done by a shop called turbolab in Orem, UT. they were one of the few shops around here that had experience tuning nissans.

at the time of the tune i had headers, highflow cats, and topspeed axle back non res pipes. everything from the high flow cat (h pipe and mid pipe) to the axle back are stock.

i do not have an aftermarket oil cooler - but even with spirited driving i rarely get above 220ish degrees assuming the factory gauge is somewhat accurate. AFR was between 12 and 13 from 3500RPM up to 7400RPM. max hp was at 7400RPM and AFR was 12.41

i am not sure of the temp or humidity but i will ask the shop. for what its worth there is almost 0 humidity in salt lake city, especially compared to coming from the south east. i would say average temp was probably 90degree F.

i would have rather had the z1 headers but they were on backorder until august. unfortunately due to emissions requirements i am unable to pass the visual inspection with long tube headers. i turned off post cat o2 sensors to keep the check engine light off and can pass visual inspect with the high flow cats.

thank you for your help.
krazynismo is offline   Reply With Quote