View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 12:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

My first guess is that you didn't do the relearn procedure quite right - IIRC, it's very picky about timing. Several threads on this site or you can download a copy of the FSM (link in my sig) to get the official procedure,

My second guess would be a wiring problem - check the continuity of the wires going to/from the TBs.

Most problems can be solved without disconnecting the battery. But if you need/want to do it anyway, pressing on the brake pedal for 2-3 seconds will discharge all the capacitors and other storage devices in the system. No need to wait hours (or even minutes).

Edit: Disconnecting the battery will cause the ECM to lose some tuning params and you might lose radio presets. Some MYs require a window reset, too. You will also reset the ready state on the emissions system and will have to do several drive cycles to get it back to ready. IMNSHO, it's best to avoid disconnecting the battery, if possible. YMMV

Last edited by SouthArk370Z; 06-28-2021 at 12:13 AM.
SouthArk370Z is offline   Reply With Quote