View Single Post
Old 06-26-2021, 11:51 PM   #30 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBacon View Post
Curious if you've actually heard a walbro and it's too loud or just going off of what others say? I have a 525 and there was a barely audible hum with all of the interior pieces off and the top hat exposed, with all the interior back in I literally can't hear the pump at all. All my fuel "noise" comes from the fuel pressure regulator in the engine bay.
Yes as I said I came from the walbro 255 and it was stupid loud (in my opinion). The walbro 255 is notoriously loud and is actually louder than their higher volume pumps. Google search it and you’ll find videos of it louder than an American muscle v8 exhaust and then switched to the DW and being whisper quiet. The walbro 255 is a vane pump most others (I believe including walbro higher volume) are turbine pumps.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote