View Single Post
Old 06-26-2021, 10:13 PM   #29 (permalink)
DrBacon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 Nismo
DrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhill View Post
So I went from the walbro 255 to these AEM pumps with the radium fuel hanger kit and so far no issues for me. Been about a month now. I was nervous of the lack of a barb but couldn’t stand the noise of the walbro and even after drilling the jet out in steps the fuel psi was still a bit high at idle and seemed to have some surging offidle. Now I’ve been very happy with these pumps and kit. Very quiet and I am able to set my fuel psi regardless of pump chosen with the adjustable regulator. Cars been driving good and just got back to town and will start doing e85 logs. I have heard the hose blow off in other places too like on donut media so I do think it’s stupid for AEM not to have one but so far I’ve been good, if it does fail Blow off I’ll be going with DW.
Curious if you've actually heard a walbro and it's too loud or just going off of what others say? I have a 525 and there was a barely audible hum with all of the interior pieces off and the top hat exposed, with all the interior back in I literally can't hear the pump at all. All my fuel "noise" comes from the fuel pressure regulator in the engine bay.
DrBacon is offline   Reply With Quote