View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 11:42 AM   #24 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossJ View Post
So - so far the only way I've 'fixed' this and hopefully it stays fixed is with a - heat shrink e85 tube... and double clamp... I know a few others have used this pump and it's fine, but that's my only solution.

My question is, I need to get the regulator and venturi jet drilled now? Seb didn't mention anything about this...

Here's a maybe separate issue? I'm randomly getting RPM drops after driving for a bit and stopping. I'm cleaning my MAFs and throttle bodies tomorrow - so far that seems to be the more likely culprit, could it be the new fuel pump?

Seb said I didn't need a new tune and he looked at my tune after fuel pump installation and said it was fine - other than the rpm drop (he's looking into it).

Thanks guys
The drilling was probably done at the same time the fuel pump was installed. Especially if you had it installed at SpecialtyZ, they would be well aware that you need to do that any time you upgrade the fuel pump in the Z. You may as well keep using the pump since you already have it and its holding together for now. But anyone reading this thread should be able to tell they should avoid it and get something else if they didnt already buy one.