View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 06:22 PM   #22 (permalink)
BossJ
Base Member

Drives: 16 370z Nismo 6MT
BossJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
The pump kit in that photo seems ridiculous to me. I can see for maybe a low pressure scavenge system it would be fine.. but still, why even produce a fuel pump case without barbs? Seems like a proprietary fitment that should only be used with a bushing in a case, and inappropriate for use with a hose and clamp.
So - so far the only way I've 'fixed' this and hopefully it stays fixed is with a - heat shrink e85 tube... and double clamp... I know a few others have used this pump and it's fine, but that's my only solution.

My question is, I need to get the regulator and venturi jet drilled now? Seb didn't mention anything about this...

Here's a maybe separate issue? I'm randomly getting RPM drops after driving for a bit and stopping. I'm cleaning my MAFs and throttle bodies tomorrow - so far that seems to be the more likely culprit, could it be the new fuel pump?

Seb said I didn't need a new tune and he looked at my tune after fuel pump installation and said it was fine - other than the rpm drop (he's looking into it).

Thanks guys
2016 Pearl White 370Z Nismo (6ma) || Z1 CAI || Greddy GT X || FI Resonated Test Pipes || Ported Manifolds || Fuel Pump: aem50-1200 || 1050cc Fuel Injectors || E85 || RJM Performance Clutch || ECUTECH - SpecialtyZ (Seb)
BossJ is offline   Reply With Quote