Thread: TT or NA?
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 11:36 AM   #29 (permalink)
Kreus
Base Member

Drives: '14 370 Sport
Kreus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Nismo#91 View Post
13K sounds about right for a kit. But then there's all the other miscellaneous stuff you need. And then there is all the other stuff you should get. And finally there's all the stuff that would be nice to get since you are already tearing the car apart and have easy access to those areas. Then there is the question can I do it myself and not have the Z for a month or more, or do I spend more and have it professionally done in a few weeks.

I don't know what your budget is but seeing that the AT already puts an upper limit on power/torque an SC kit would probably make more sense. Things that you really should get on top of what ever FI you go with are a oil catch can, gauges (oil pressure, boost, AFR). Also don't forget about all the fluids and extra wires, hoses, cables, connectors you'll need will add up. Also probably best to do engine and trans mounts. And then probably a proper diff and diff mount.

Also keep your front crash bar because **** happens.
( Click to show/hide )
Totally off-topic, I think I ran into you on Blvd East in Guttenberg. I was in my black Z. We had a very brief exchange. Whats up!
Kreus is offline   Reply With Quote