View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 01:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
BossJ
Base Member

Drives: 16 370z Nismo 6MT
BossJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BULL View Post
On another note.
How big is the pump?
Do you have a FP gague?
Did you drill the pump assembly?
Are you still returnless or is it a return style?

Usually E85 pumps are an upgrade and are higher flow, this is why the assembly needs to be drilled to relief some of this extra pressure it creates since the factory fuel pressure regulator located in the pump cannot control pressure since the added flow turns into added pressure since the injector duty cycle is low at idle. This is where a pressure gauge comes in handy, if this is the case you should see an increase in pressure at idle - the fix for this is to drill the relief a bit more.

A heavier duty hose and clamp will stop the tube in place but if you've not done what I posted in the top you'll have fueling issues in the future.
This is the downfall of the returnless system - any increase of flow will turn into pressure if not regulated.

Good luck!
So bare with me, I'm not a vet on here or smart when it comes to cars, like most of you on here.

I take my care to a performance shop in town, who's been amazing, up till this issue (and it may not be their fault necessarily).

They recommended (as well did Seb) the aem50-1200 fuel pump.

How big is the pump? aem50-1200
Do you have a FP gague? No - but this may be my next purchase
Did you drill the pump assembly? No idea - I don't think it needed it? (Again, I'm not a car guy to this extent)
Are you still returnless or is it a return style? I'm guessing it's the same as stock. Nothing changed but the pump.

Just know, I'm not the smartest with cars, but I do not make any changes to the engine without first talking to Seb about it.

Thanks for your help and questions guys.
2016 Pearl White 370Z Nismo (6ma) || Z1 CAI || Greddy GT X || FI Resonated Test Pipes || Ported Manifolds || Fuel Pump: aem50-1200 || 1050cc Fuel Injectors || E85 || RJM Performance Clutch || ECUTECH - SpecialtyZ (Seb)
BossJ is offline   Reply With Quote