View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 12:27 PM   #9364 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
My oil temps ran about 200, but as was explained to me, that is probably because of the plastic undershroud that doesn't allow for good cooling. So.... the next thing is a Zspeed undershroud. I have approval to buy that, along with Madwi's exhaust.

I had my 34 row oil cooler installed about a year ago. In that time I don't feel like the average oil temps stabilize much lower than about 200F which is where they were before install. I also don't have any trouble getting up to temps even in cooler weather. The main difference I see is the prevention of temps from rising too much above 200F. I used to see 240F+ during long trips in the heat or even brief spirited driving. Now during extend spirited driving temps tend to stabilize around the 225F mark

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |