View Single Post
Old 06-20-2021, 04:18 PM   #22 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

So Rusty and JC, who have a combined 115 years of experience with turbochargers, inspected the COMP turbo at Madwi's without taking it apart or doing anything that would void the 'warranty.' It appears that COMP failed to pre-grease the turbocharger. Elmo was kind enough to hook me up with a oil-lubricated, water-cooled snail which should arrive in three weeks or so. And shout out to Madwi for hooking me up with a deeply discounted scavenge pump and knowledge regarding all the miscellaneous items I'll need for that install.

Sasha has been trying to get a RMA from COMPturbo but they have been non-responsive.